Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nightshift

So last night as I was dancing to music and putting bread away on the shelf I happened to pay attention to what was playing and ironically it was "Nightshift" by The Commodores.





This song plays every night on the nightshift among the other shitty music I am subjected to while working my shift. My opinion is that they play this song everynight to remind me that I am working third shift because it seems that sometimes we go a little crazy and forget we are at work with all the random beeping and the lack of human interaction. Every now and then the Kwik Star ghost will make himself or herself known by opening and closing freezer and cooler doors or throwing the bread that I just neatly stack on the shelf to the floor. When I am by myself and get all my stuff done I tend to head to the kitchen where I plop my fat ass down on the donut table and brace my feet up on the wall and let my thoughts carry me away. I usually get about 20 minutes of daydreaming til I am pulled back down to reality by the annoying buzzer of the door alarm going off alerting me to the presence of a human or the ghost opening the door. I think he knows when I am slacking off cause I will hear the door open but when I come out no one is in the store and no cars are in the parking lot. I think I should try appeasing him by leaving a fresh donut sitting on the counter then maybe he will retreat back to the freezer where I am pretty sure he lives and haunt the frozen pizzas instead of my daydreaming.

Recently Carol the "Boss" has plagued my existence by hiring a dimwitted bitch. I think she too must see how the lack of human interaction is taking it's toll on me. Third shift used to be fun when I could do what I wanted when I wanted until the recent addition to our payroll came along and fucked that all up. It seems that I have to retrain her everynight because everything I crammed into her tiny little head the day before is lost in the void in her head before it hits the pillow each morning. She has finally master the coffee machine, for now, and is ready to move on to a greater challenge...operating the sink! She feels the need to compare everything to her old job in Florida, at times I wish she would go back to that job, as if that will make it suddenly transform into something she if familiar with. I'm sorry our coffee machines are not like yours but you still have to learn how to operate them knowing how to operate machines we don't have will not help you so stop reminding me that you know how to use "those machines" and not "these machines". I'm almost positive she has a copy of our "break policy" but has not read it and feels the need to get in heated battles with me that "by law" she is allowed one break every two hours because she is in a criminal justice class and knows everything. I do not care what you think you should get, if you don't like our break policy go somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves a comment bizatch!